Monday, January 23, 2012

Duck, Duck...

We arrived back in Goose Bay this past weekend. It felt good to explore and spend time with Adam and Jules. And, as of last night, I've officially experienced the beauty of Aurora Borealis; two worlds colliding couldn't be more spectacular:




Here's a welcome reminder I offer myself when I forget to remember all the satisfaction and joy I have in my life. Some of you might remember me referencing this in my December yoga classes; when we slip into unconsciousness and the soft and splendid spirit of the season is lost in our hearts. How many of us have run around looking for that *special gift* complaining to ourselves about the many stores we've had to go to, the horrible traffic we've endured and the long lines that take 'forever' to get through (giving up control of our capacity to shift our own mood and perspective)?

Hope it serves you well on a Monday morning:

Service which is rendered without joy helps neither the one who serves nor the served. But all pleasures and possessions pale into nothingness before service which is rendered in a spirit of joy.
- Mahatma Ghandi


*Photos taken in Goose Bay, NL by  Brett Wilson*

No comments:

Post a Comment